Friday, December 9, 2011

Poetry Prompt Dec. 8th...Person from my past.(Misael)

A poetry prompt from Poetry & Writers Magazine, Enjoy!

Think of a person from your past, someone you wish you'd gotten to know better and have always remembered. Think about why you wish you'd gotten to know this person better. Write a poem to this person, exploring what it was about him or her that has remained with you, even though the person hasn't.



The first night I played soccer was the first time we got to play and really have fun.
We had so much energy that we could have played all the way until the arrival of the sun.
You were the main inspiration for me to pick up a saxophone.
I will never forget you no matter how many years pass.

I could never beat you at chess, but when it came to English, you were a mess!
You always had a smile no matter what the situation.
It is because of you that I now know the joys of being a Madridista!
You taught me how to be a Xeneize and a true example of a good man.
How I wish you were still around! I can't believe that I am now a man!

Your life was amazing; your legacy enduring!
That saturday afternoon I had the worst dream imaginable
A car crashing with blood on the pavement.
A phone rings; I wake up.
Hello?
an instant chill down my spine.
Your life was on the line.

I did not realize,
how the pain would materialize.
That Saturday night, I felt like I had lost all my might.
The last grain fell from the sand clock.
And at that moment, I literally felt out of luck.

My cousin was taken from me.
we all wept as your killer laughed at your dead corpse.
All you wanted was to share the gospel of eternal life.
Yet, you met the end of yours for simply being you.
How I wish you were alive.
To tell me Juan be strong, don't give up.

Over 2,000 miles separated us for years
and the few months we could spend together were happy times.
I wish you could have lived longer.
I would have been much stronger.
That day, the world lost an angel
and his name was Misael...I miss you primo!

No comments:

Post a Comment