Sunday, December 25, 2011

Short story Excerpt

So I am working on another short story, here's an excerpt inspired by a friend...I tried to incorporate my poetry with my story writing, I hope you can enjoy!


John and Laura had spent all day in the fields talking for hours about nothing, like most couples who are in love tend to do, however Laura did not fall for him until that night, John's words finally after all these years finally struck a chord in her heart, call it a love song or fate, but his words went as follows:

"Laura, its night time already, but check this out. You see those stars?"

"yeah"

"each star you see is an I love you from me, because like them my love is infinite."

"John, what are you-"

"Laura, please, let me finish, after tomorrow I leave for the war, I may not be able to have this chance again"

"ok.."

"those stars with all their light, couldn't hold a candle to the light that you shine in me.
Your kisses break my chains of agony from this messed up world, even your smile!"

"Jesus, your smile.."

"your smile alone is enough to erase any doubts of what is right and good."

"but you know what else Laura?"

"wha-what?" she said, trying to hide her obvious blushing

"your embrace...in your embrace I feel strong enough to finish any race, no matter what the obstacles, as long as you are with me I can take on the world!"

"Stop it! you sound like a teenager"

"I'm sorry love, but you made me become born anew...I...cannot..."

Before he could say another word, she kissed him well into the night and as you can assume a night full of love and passion ensued well into sunrise. The new day however is a story for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment