Saturday, July 13, 2013

New Poem: You decide the title

Here's a poem which deals with heartbreak, I'm having trouble with the title so I am asking for help with it. Here it is and as always, I appreciate feedback.  -Juan


Poison, the air is filled with it.
Lethal and toxic, it invades my being

No one is safe from this calamity
Except you.

This is no ordinary poison; the poison is love.

As the days go by, you carry on
Onward towards your destination

unaffected by its fumes,
is there even a heart within your chest? 

You don’t stop to smell flowers; you don’t even like them!
As I choke on the poison I see you

You walk untouched, wearing your gas mask
Perhaps I should have worn one as well
That way I wouldn't be as hurt as I am now

Although to be honest,
Even with this pain in my heart.

I remember that famous phrase
“This too shall pass.”


Even your gas mask…

No comments:

Post a Comment